Wednesday, December 23, 2009

C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S....i know the meaning

This is the first year that Christmas has been different for me.  With our kids, we have been doing advent.  Until last year, I had no idea what advent was.  Sorry.  It has been so wonderful every night to light the candles, and talk about the symbolism of the candles and the wreath.  We also had two different kinds of advent calendars that helped tell about the Christmas story.  After that we would sing songs, mostly Silent Night, Joy to the World, and Away in a Manger, then we would hold hands and pray together.  It has been so good.  The kids now know that Advent means "coming" and they know that it was Jesus that people were waiting for to be born, and they know that we are now waiting with joy and anticipation for Jesus to come again.  We don't know when, but we know it's true.  People then kind of really didn't know exactly what they were waiting for...thinking Jesus would be their earthly king.  Oh was that wrong.  And when He comes back...we will understand the hope, peace, love, and joy that advent teaches about.
I don't have pictures with me at the moment to upload with this post b/c I am at my parents' house for Christmas...but I will post them soon.
Have a great Christmas, and I pray your eyes will really see this year what CHRISTmas is about.  John 3:16...For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son (on Christmas day) that whoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.

No comments: