Sunday, February 28, 2010

Just One of Those Months

Wow...I just realized I haven't blogged in a while.  Sorry about that.

I love reading other people's blogs, especially when they are funny and inspiring.  If they are funny and inspiring all in one blog, it's really great.  Some blogs, people are just funny.  Others are just inspiring.  So when a blog is both, I love it.  But I hate it.  I always compare myself.  I hate doing that.  But I end up wishing I were funnier or more inspiring, or for that matter, wishing I were more inspired to do something amazing.  Blah!  Why do I do that?  Do you do that?  Are you like that?  I think it's in most women to do that.  Compare yourself.  Do you?

There's a lot of things I'd like to do better...be a better mother, which in my mind is giving them a little more freedom, me lightening up a little, be more creative, read the Bible with them more, read books to them more, have more structure, more fun, more laughter.
Be a better wife...be a better listener, better lover (well it's true), enjoy doing outside things more with him, having more fun with him.
Be a better friend...write encouraging notes more, call more, visit more, go out together more, show love more, pray with more.
Be a better daughter...don't roll my eyes when I disagree or think something is stupid, be more compassionate, be more attentive to their needs, show more love and respect.  Show honor.
Be a better pastor's wife for our church...I could write a book on this one.

Failures failures failures...Satan tries to attack me with this.  It works most times.  Am I abnormal, or is there anyone else out there who struggles with these things?

Thanks for letting this post be a little different.  Just one of those days (months really).

2 comments:

Bran said...

We all do it! It's a battle to fight these lies from the enemy and our own minds. Keep being real and keep fighting! Right there with you.
Love you
B

Lacey said...

And my answer is . .... oh yes! I know EXACTLY what you mean. I feel as if I go to bed defeated so many nights of my life.
In fact, I just read a complete stranger's blog recently (on the suggestion of a friend) and wept and smiled and wept and smiled for like an hour. And then never wanted to type again because hers was so much better than mine. So - yeah I get it!!
I think you should remember though - that you write as much for yourself as for someone else. And you are inspiring to the people in your life.