Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bowling With 6 Kids

Matt's parents are here for 2 weeks (from Florida) and Matt's brother and family are here for 3 days from Raleigh. Matt's sister now lives 8 minutes from us. So since everyone is here, we decided bowling would be super fun for the kids. We thought we found a deal...rent a lane for $25 for an hour (for 9 people). So we were going to rent 2 lanes for an hour. We got there and we were wrong. It was rent a lane for $25 for TWO hours! SIX kids bowling for 2 hours. I can't say I was thrilled. See, when I'm in a loud crowd, especially with kids who I have no control of, I stress. So I can't say I was looking foward to the "fun". As I was sitting in the chair there feeling clammy and afraid (hee hee) I thought, ok. I can make the best of this. So I observed. I thought "How can I blog this?" Here is a great idea for you of our bowling trip....
"Your turn Ty."

"Where's Mandie???"

"Good job Ty!"

"BRETT! Get back over here!!"

"Emmalyn, you're up!"

"Rebecca, stay over here. You're not allowed to go past Grampy's chair!"

"Makayla, your turn."

"Where's Brett?"

"Kids, stay off the bowling floor until it's your turn! You're gonna get knocked in the head!"

"What's wrong Emmalyn? Why are you crying?"

"You're up Rebecca!"

"Where's Makayla?"

"KIDS STAY OFF THE BOWLING FLOOR UNTIL IT'S YOUR TURN!!"

(To the bowling neighbors a few lanes over), "I'm so sorry" as I go get Brett from their lane.

(Me) "What time is it?"


*Imagine this for 2 hours. No kidding. Why should I be stressed? No reason.

Enjoy the pics!!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What talented grandons I have!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I would have paid money to have been there! NO KIDDING!!! Yes...I would have been just like you. Feeling the EXACT same way, but when you don't see that all the time, you want it so bad! I do have to say, I have the CUTEST, most PRECIOUS nephews in the world. And I do not think I am over exaggerating. And no..I do not know how to spell exaggerating. LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jaime said...

Sorry Kearsie, if you see this again. I accidentally erased your comment. You wrote it on here 3 times, and I accidentally erased all 3 instead of just 2 of them. SORRY!!!!

Anonymous said...

*sob*

Anonymous said...

So funny (because I know it's the truth)! I league-bowled for years, but haven't been since high school. I've been wondering when the kids will be old enough to take. This was food for thought... :)