Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Mud Pit

Thursday our power went out at 4:30pm. Power company said it should be back on by 7:30pm. By 4:45, the kids were insane. It was raining outside, big storm, they were driving me nuts. Games we tried to play didn't work out too well. So after the storm was gone, I had a "great idea"!! Our next door neighbor (who is in the middle of building a house actually), has a huge mud pit beside his house. They made it like this so that rain water wouldn't run down the hill to his shop and flood it. My "great idea" was for the boys to play in it! Note: We have well water. When our power goes out, our water goes out.
Matt assured me that we would have enough water left in the line to take a shower. Hmmm.
So we dressed the boys (and Matt, of course) in old clothes. It was SSOOOOO sloshy! Red. Clay. Mud.
Matt and Ty jumped right in. Little Brett, on the other hand HATES getting dirty. Loving, blogging mommy that I am told Matt to take Brett and put him in! As you see on his face, he HATED it! He cried almost the whole time. Ty and daddy had an awesome time though. I took Brett back up to our house and he loved running through puddles to clean his shoes and feet off. Matt and Ty came up and I was ready to hose them off before sending them in for a shower.
You know it! No water! NADA!
I remembered I had 1 1/2 gallons of water under the counter, so I got those. Amazingly that little bit of water got them clean enough to get into the house. Then we wiped everyone down with baby wipes!
Our power ended up being off for 13 hours!!! So no showers until the next day, but hey...
boy: (noun) a noise with dirt on it.


No comments: