Monday, June 15, 2009

The Things We Do For Friends (and their dumb cats)

I haven't always been allergic to cats. I used to have a cat indoors!! Evidently, now as I'm older, I'm allergic to everything...cats, fresh fruit, citrus, chapstick, yada yada. My sweet friend from church is lucky enough (blessed enough) to go on TWO cruises this summer. Yes, 2 cruises in one summer. Nice. Now moving on...
I'm lucky enough (blessed?) to get to water her lovely flowers and check on her very nice kitty who is all alone in their house. Last time I was over there, I left scratching my face like I was Freddie Krugar. I have no idea how to spell his last name. You know who I mean. So I thought, ok...I'm going to swing in and out, say hey to kitty, and get out. I unlocked the door, stepped in, and saw it. Kitty had puked in the living room floor. If I didn't pick it up, what kind of friend would I be? AND she might have thought I hadn't even gone over to check on kitty the whole week if she came home and found hard throw-up in their floor. So I cleaned it up, nice friend that I am. Well, I thought...possibly more throw-up could be throughout the house. I better check. So I went in every room looking for throw-up. None. I then noticed her poor little indoor house plants needed watering too. So I got a cup and watered those. I was in the house for about 5 MINUTES! That's not swinging in and out. I came home and washed my hands and washed my face, hoping my face wouldn't swell and itch. That's why I'm blogging this...my face is swelling and itching.
What a good friend I am. I deserve a cruise!
(Love you Paige)!!

No comments: