Monday, September 21, 2009

Finding Rest



These are my dishes.  They've been like this for around an hour now.

          

This is my kithen table.
It's been like this for TWO DAYS!




 This is where I crawled up on the stool to get medicine.  I got distracted and left the cabinet door open (above the fridge) and left the stool there.  This was like that for about half and hour.




 This is a book that I bought Friday.  It's funny that I bought a book like this, thinking that I would actually slow down and not be distracted, and read it! 






Chapter 1
The Stress Test

"I said, 'Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!  I would fly away and be at rest.'"
Psalm 55:6




This is me, among the clutter, distractions, and chaos reading
my wonderful book.  It took me two
whole days to start reading it, but it
was worth it.               

I get so sidetracked all the time.  I don't make time for God like I need to and really desire to.  I don't even make personal time with Ty and Brett like I need/desire to.  I used to be such a neat freak about my house.  Now, as you see, I'm not even that anymore.  Not sure where my time goes, but one thing I do know.
I need to stop, rest IN THE LORD, and put priorities in order.
I can't make it without him.
Can you?

1 comment:

Steph Crawford said...

Love this post. That is so me! I might have to look for this book (and make time to read it).