Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Down in the Dumps...To the Mountaintop

I've been down in the dumps today. I don't know why. I know a few reasons, but it boils down to my selfishness and procrastination. I'm stressed over homeschool, house, life, etc...and then this evening I felt abandoned.
I didn't want to go to prayer meeting really. I knew there wouldn't be many there b/c of the icy roads. I went anyway. I was right. There was Matt and 4 others. But one more showed up...in my heart anyway. The Holy Spirit. I love Him. He spoke to me. He loved me. He comforted me. He taught me. He lifted me up. He gave me a burden for lost people around me. He gave me a glimpse of how He sees His people. He's a God who cares for the little bitty things, and a God in control of the huge things. I prayed for a planter's wart for someone...and I prayed for nations to know God. I prayed for a toothless black man's salvation who came into our church today needing fuel for his house b/c his house was freezing. God cares. For everything. For everyone. For me. For you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. God is good.