Thursday, January 27, 2011

From Mommy to the Village

One of my worst fears is happening. We're sending Ty to public school. It's not public school that I'm against. I'd feel the same even if it were a Christian school. I wanted to homeschool the boys so much. Ty just wasn't into it at all. I wasn't consistant, didn't have routine, I really set him up for failure I think. I could have done better, and should have. I'm really sad about this decision, but I think at this point it is best for him. We went to the school today and he really liked it and is quite excited about it. I'm glad about that. I think he will have no problem making friends. I called his Sunday School teacher yesterday to see how he does in her class. She said he is great, does his work, has great manners, helps clean up, says "yes maam and no maam"...so I'm proud about that. I think he will be like that in school too. He does a lot better for other people than for me. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'll take it for now.
Please pray for me that I won't be a nervous wreck, and pray for Ty that he will remember what he's been taught and that he will always stand for Christ and do the right things. I know he's so young, but he's so impressionable, and I don't want him to think it's ok to say and do bad things b/c his friends do them. Pray for the future, whether to homeschool him later on, in a year or so...pray for wisdom of what to do with Brett next year. He LOVES homeschool. He asks for homeschool everyday and loves it. So Brett may be a different story.
I covet your prayers really! Thank you in advance for them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I appreciate that you see your kids are different and may need different ways of schooling. I see that with my kids too. We'll be praying for God to give you peace and clearly guide you in this decision!

P.S. Don't be too hard on yourself. Homeschooling is NOT easy and is a learning process for Mom just as much as it is for the kids!

Bran said...

God's grace is awesome, and you know that! Keep preaching that to yourself when you're tempted to believe the enemy's lies.

Also, a friend of mine read and highly recommends a good book, "Going Public." I think you would enjoy it so much and see this opportunity very differently.

love you!!! B

Unknown said...

I didn't put 2 & 2 together on this and your HCHA post. I have been praying! Do what is best for your children and yourself. Follow God's leading!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your update on HCHA!!!