Kinleigh was born on August 27th at 12:03pm. She weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces. The best part? I was there!! I saw her coming, and boy did she come quickly! I was so excited!! When I first saw her head, tears welled up in my eyes and my emotions went crazy. I had to compose myself because Brad didn't seem so well, and I had to remind Jessica to push (as if she didn't know to)! In the hours and days to come all I could do was stare at her. She was so cute. So tiny. It reminded me that my boys were even smaller than she was. Ty weighed 4 lbs 13 oz, and Brett weighed 6 lbs 14oz. Hard to believe!
Anyway, I would catch people looking at me while I was holding Kinleigh, maybe wondering if I was thinking of Maggie. Wondering how I felt. Wondering. The truth is I never did. I never compared her to Maggie, wished it was Maggie, or really ever thought of Maggie. I thought of Kinleigh. I love her. I wish I could hold her more and watch her do everything (like lay in the crib, and lay in the sleeper, and lay on the changing table...). Because she lays so cutely!
I'm so thankful for her--Kinleigh Reagan. She's not Maggie Leigh. She doesn't even remind me of Maggie. She reminds me of Brett, and that's really funny!! So...she's here, she's cute, she's loved, and she's Kinleigh!

No comments:
Post a Comment