
I went to the gym this morning and rode 11 miles. It was no problem. I rode at my own pace, easily keeping my heartrate where it needed to be. Time passed. I listened to my praise and worship music on our ipod. I felt good. I watched cars pass, people walking, birds flying around. I was sweating a little, but not enough to be gross. Had my water bottle with me. And I was done. 30 minutes. 11 miles. That's a long way. Where is 11 miles from your house? Think about that. That's a good distance when you are on a bike.
But when I got done with my 11 miles, I was in the same place I started. I had gone nowhere.
Is that like your life with God? You do good works. You go to church. You read your Bible a few minutes a day maybe. You do this and do that. You feel really good, like you're doing a lot of things for God, but in reality you've gone nowhere. You're in the same place spiritually that you were 5 or 10 years ago.
Your love for Him doesn't run deep. Isn't real. He isn't your everything. Your everything as in: If someone were holding you underwater, and holding you, and holding you, and in your mind you are begging for breath. Do you love and want God as much as you would want that next breath?
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. 2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. Psalm 42:1-2
I pray that your spiritual journey would actually move you somewhere...move you toward God, the living God. Not by your works, but by the redeeming love of Christ on the cross.

1 comment:
Such a great post! Lately, I've been feeling like I'm in a rut in my relationship with the Lord. Thanks for the challenge, sweet friend! Love you!
Post a Comment