Friday, December 2, 2011

Advent

It's that time of year again! Christmas!! I LOVE Christmas!!

Three years ago, I was reading a friend's blog and she was talking about doing Advent. I thought, "What in the world is that??" I don't mean to sound like a moron, but I thought that was some other religious traditional thing. So I researched it and talked to Matt about it and we decided to do it here with our kids, and we all loved it so much! THIS year, I found, through the many homeschool blogs that I read, the e-book "Truth in the Tinsel", which is a guide for each day of Advent. ANOTHER homeschool blog mom, who must have incredible time on her hands, took it upon herself to make a scavenger hunt-type activity to go along with that book. It's 25 circles and on the back of each circle there is a clue. So, at the last minute--truly the last minute--I printed those off, cut out 25 circles, and set up everything so cutely (a word??) There's also a craft with each day. I'm not sure we'll go all out doing each craft how they are intended, because my middle name is not "Crafty", but we'll do some simple little part of the craft or tweek the craft and it'll be fun for the kids. So below are pictures! Enjoy!!!


The Christmas Countdown!

Advent candles and nativity. Look closely inside the advent wreath and you'll see a clue. After the boys get the clue on the back of circle #1, they go to where the clue leads them (night one is candle) and there's a clue there telling what we'll be talking about that night.



Daddy reading the Bible story.

Ty coloring his candle.
Brett coloring his candle.



Ty's candle ornament.

Brett's candle ornament.