Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Do You Like the Duggars??



I get so frustrated when I read nasty comments about the Duggar family from 19 Kids and Counting. They are believers and they live a holy life, and teach their kids to love and obey God. They are such good examples of patience, love, kindness, gentleness, self control, joy, goodness, faithfulness, and right now, especially peace. They've just miscarried their baby. They radiate the Holy Spirit, yet in times like these people seem to hate them even more. I just don't understand. Isn't it better to have 20-30-40 kids who you raise to love the Lord, who you raise to serve Him, who you raise to serve others...than to have 1-5-10 kids who you rarely pay attention to, don't play with, raise to be a hooligan, and who end up hating others??

Below is a link to a blog I read from Tommy Mann, youth pastor/Assoc. pastor at Philippi Baptist in Union, SC. Be encouraged to pray for the Duggars...and think of ways you can reach out to those you know who have lost a child.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Hi Jaime. I discovered your blog through Courtney's Women Living Well. I am so excited about her Gentleness Challenge. And yes, I do like the Duggars! I think they are such a godly example of what God asks of each of us...to be open to life. That might look like 2 kids in one family or 20 in another...but it means respecting life from conception to death...even if death is at 20 weeks. :(

BTW...I was smiling when I read your post about Advent. I am so happy to hear that you and your husband and kiddos loved spending the month of December in joy and happiness while preparing for the Birth of Christ. As a Catholic, I feel so blessed that my religion continues to celebrate Christmas even after December 25th! (Our liturgical Christmas season ends with the Feast of the Epiphany on January 8th this year) Gives me a couple more weeks of breathing room before I have to take down decorations, pack up Christmas, etc. whew! ;)

Wishing you a blessed 2012,

Valerie

Heather said...

Thank you for writing about the Duggars. I am very saddened about their loss and the scruntiny they're enduring at this difficult time. I checked out that link and left a comment.
Happy New Year.

Nicole ~ "I'm staying home with my mom!" said...

I LOVE the Duggars. I get so angry when people say absolutely hateful comments about them. I just don't understand the issue....but I won't get started....not enough room :) I've blogged about this before and ranted for a while, so I'll just leave it there. Thank you for this post supporting them and I'm off to check out the link!
P.S. Found you at WLW hop...

Kearsie said...

Jaime!! I found you again!