Wednesday, August 13, 2008

BAT GIRL...or Dancing with the Stars???

I love when there's something funny that happens, I'll call my mom and my sister. When something funny happens to them, they call each other and me. Well, I got that phone call today from my sister, Jessica. Her husband, Brad hit a bat last night. He shooed it out of the truck and went on about his business. Jessica needed the truck today, so Brad drove something else to work. Jessica got in the truck and went to Spartanburg, did a little shopping at a couple of stores, going right along with her business as well. At one store, she opened the truck door and THE BAT flew around! After doing a little dance and I'm sure a scream, she peeked in the back seat, where she thought it had gone. She saw a guy near her and, in her outgoing personality and sweet innocent charm, she says, "Hey, are you scared of bats??" "Bats?", he asked. She said, "Will you look in my back seat to see if there is a bat in there? It just flew around in the truck!" He looked and assured her there was no bat. She stood outside the truck for 20 minutes after that, still afraid the guy had just overlooked the bat, as she and Brad had done. A girl walked out of the store and asked if she was okay. Jessica says, "Yeah, there was a bat in my truck though, so I'm just waiting around for a few minutes." "A Bat? I saw you jumping around out here, but I just thought there was a bee near you!!", the girl said.
So...here's yet another funny story from my sweet and silly sister. She experiences such funny things. I hope it's her everytime the phone rings!! Thanks for a funny story sissy...aka...Bat girl!!

No comments: