I've been reading tons of blogs lately. Stay at home moms, working moms, people I went to college with...Your lives are very interesting. It made me want to know more...nothing deep, don't worry. And if you're reading this and you don't blog...I still want to know. What is your daily routine? Loaded question? How about...what is your daily routine up until lunchtime? If you want to go further than lunchtime, go for it. Don't make it better than it really is!!! That's your rule.
As I'm writing my blog at 1:15pm, I still have my pj's on. I HAVE brushed my teeth, but not much more than that. I've been potty training Brett (my 2 1/2 yr. old), playing with playdoe, writing on the chalkboard, cleaning the kitchen, folding clothes, playing with trucks, watching Ty play the wii...so I just haven't gotten my clothes on yet. My luck, someone from church will come knocking at the door (I live in the church parsonage)!! But hey...it's happened before. I just hide behind the door. Alright...let me have it.
As I'm writing my blog at 1:15pm, I still have my pj's on. I HAVE brushed my teeth, but not much more than that. I've been potty training Brett (my 2 1/2 yr. old), playing with playdoe, writing on the chalkboard, cleaning the kitchen, folding clothes, playing with trucks, watching Ty play the wii...so I just haven't gotten my clothes on yet. My luck, someone from church will come knocking at the door (I live in the church parsonage)!! But hey...it's happened before. I just hide behind the door. Alright...let me have it.

7 comments:
OK...You asked for it. ;) The kids wake up anytime after 5 (sometimes sooner, but not often). We have a rule that they have to stay in bed quiet until 6:30. So I usually spend between 5 and 6:30 sending them back to bed over and over and trying to keep them quiet! (I think I need Supernanny for that one!) Once 6:30 hits we get up and eat breakfast. The rest of our morning is divided into half-hour increments: play, school (for Marcus), watch a DVD, or play a game - the order doesn't matter so much as the fact that we're not doing any one thing for too long. Usually by about 10:30, though, our schedule falls apart. They start chomping at the bit for lunch. Then it's "Quiet Time" (our big boy replacement for naptime - it rarely ends up being quiet). The afternoon looks pretty much like the morning until 4 or 4:30 when I start to get dinner. 5 is dinner. 6 is Ezra's bedtime, and 6:30 is Marcus's bedtime. It sounds a whole lot better in print than it actually plays out each day. Yesterday, I changed out of my pjs right before I cooked dinner! I would so love to get better about this; but we're a work in progress.
Oh my dear goodness!! Honey...6:00 bedtime. No WONDER he's out of bed at 5AM! I'd rather the kids go to bed at like 8:00 (sometimes later) so that I can stay in bed till like 8AM. (Not saying you're wrong). Heck...from everyone I talk to I'M the one that's wrong. Everyone seems to send their kids to bed at like 7 or so. We're still out shopping, playing, whatever at 7. Maybe I need to conform...but I CERTAINLY would die if my kids got up at 5 or 6am. I'm a night owl, and I love to sleep in. THANKS FOR POSTING!!!
Okay, here goes.
I wake up around 5:30 (give or take 30 min, drink coffee, have time with the Lord. Sometimes do computer stuff afterwards and whatever to get ready for the day--especially if we're going somewhere.
*I'm really working on being dressed and ready to go before I get the kids up. I can go into this more in an email or something later--it's kind of my new year's resolution, but I really began working on it last week.*
Kids wake up anytime after 7. They don't have a clock, but know to stay in their rooms until we get them (except for coming out to potty). That used to be 7am, but now is around 7:30. We spend about 30min all the kids going potty, getting dressed and rooms straightened. then breakfast time-most mornings gray is still home and does breakfast while I'm still doing things around the house (unloading dishwasher, getting laundry ready for wash, straightening up stuff, getting things together for outing or church). Usually 2 or 3 days a week we go out--Bible Study, library or grocery store or playdate. on days that we don't go out, kids generally play around and do whatever for a while. Sam still naps in the mornings when we are at home. So, when he naps (usually 45 min-1 hour--he'll drop it soon, I'm sure) we have "learning time." so, sit at the table and go over our bible verses we're learning, usually something with letters (cutting them out, talking about sounds, books from library, writing and practicing lowercase)--working on teaching sarala to read, coloring for jackson, cutting things out, maybe a game like memory or candyland. really, it's not structured, just something i come up with and at the table to be intentional about learning, memorizing scripture and gear-up for homeschooling. if we're home, they usually watch a video after learning time (ideally, while I'm getting lunch together or at least planned). we eat lunch and then they play some more before rest time. most days at home I like for them to get outside, or at least on the porch for 30 min or so.
Typical days, rest time is between 1-4. Even though Sarala naps like 1 day a week, she stays in her room from about 1:30 or 2 until 4 reading and playing. I often take a 30 min nap and stuff on computer and other things I cannot do with them awake.
As they are waking up, they have a snack unless we're doing dinner early. On days we didn't watch a video (cause we were out or just a good morning at home), they watch a video sometimes while I'm preparing dinner or getting it started. I also like to go outside at this time too--usually until Gray gets home (this is ideal, but weather permitting. He plays with them while I finish getting dinner ready.
After dinner looks different every single day--we have NO "typical." after dinner schedule depends mostly on Gray, things we need/want to do as a family, if we're out or at home, if one of the parents is out, etc. our kids get way fewer baths than most (people would die), often getting only 1-2 baths a week--especially in the winter when skin is dry and they aren't as sweaty and play outside less. i know this isn't the norm and it sounds so gross. shhhh...don't tell. ;)
they are in bed generally at 7:30, but most often by 8. sometimes early as 7, sometimes really late as whenever we get home from outing.
these are our TYPICAL days. typical. major disclaimer is that there are weeks that go by and we have 0 typical days. We do have days where we stay in our pajamas (at least me). We have days where the kids watch 1-2 hours of videos (although I HATE this and it is far and few in between--but if I'm sick, have something to get done, gray's traveling for many days, etc.) I don't want to glamorize our lives by our typical days cause we have more atypical. But there are 2 things that happen more than 90% of the time that I stand on and swear by--I'm up and have quiet time before my kids are up and that they go to bed around 8 so gray and i can have our time together. that is always typical.
hope this helps.
Ready to be bored?
6:45 Alarm goes off, push snooze
6:52 Turn off alarm, hop into shower
7:05 Wake up girls, harrass them into getting up and dressed
7:10 Feed girls
7:15 Get ready, I do this supa fast, hence paltry cosmetics
7:20 Finish getting girls ready
7:30 Get into car, drive girls to school
7:55 Get to work
8:00 - 12:00 Work, facebook, work, email, work, blog, work, other people's blogs, work
12:00 lunch
1:00 - 5:00 repeat from 8:00 - 12:00
5:00 Leave work to pick up girls
5:30 Now I'm home. Help Emma with homework, hang out
6:00 Start dinner stuff
6:30 Do Wii Fit
7:30 Lance comes home, we eat as family
8:00 Girls get ready for bed
8:30 Girls go to bed
8:45 Spank girls for playing in bed
9:00 Make lunches for girls, clean up dinner stuff, do a load of laundry
10:00 Go to bed and read
10:30 Finally turn off light, attempt to sleep
Is this not the most boring thing you've EVER read?
Unfortunately, Jaime, putting the kids to bed later does not help them sleep in any later in the morning. (Maybe once in a blue moon, if they've been overtired for an extended period of time, like after travelling.) They're just early birds - always have been. My husband also leaves for work around 5, so he goes to bed early. The early bedtime gives us a little time together without the kids. I'm looking forward to the kids being teens, and having to beg them to get up in the morning - it will be a beautiful day! ;)
Well I get up, turn on computer, while it's coming up, I make coffee. Start my day by sitting down and reading my morning devotions (get about 12)and daily Bible reading-yes that's via computer too. CAN'T START MY DAY WITHOUT IT! Then I read/answer email, check out blogs/facebook, and look at all my babies pictures. After that, breakfast or lunch (maybe I should call it brunch, as that's the way it works out)Then I tackle my "to do" list and I ALWAYS have one. Fix something to eat if headed to country to carry with me...then work either here or at country UNTIL...come in, bath, cook, eat usually while watching news. (this is usually at 10) and then late nite comedys while unwinding. If ate earlyier, then have a HUGE midnight snack while watching those too... Then on computer again to check out emails/blogs etc again, look at all my babies pictures AGAIN, then off to bed. And since I'm using Anonymous, thought I'd let you know who this is...lol, like you hadn't already guessed! Love you girl, Peggy
Oops, I left out my walking...that is such a part of my life and routine that I forgot to put in there, but it comes in usually before dinner/supper time as have to wait an hour after eating before I can walk, so just do it before...easier that way. Plus can't walk when wind blowing, and it usually dies at about dark or shortly thereafter. So that's an added factor. But since been having to do this for my heart since 1990, it's just second nature. So forgot to mention it. Peggy
Post a Comment