I just laid Ty & Brett down for a nap. Ty asked me to sing "Thy Word". That may mean little to you, but it means tons to me. They used to want me to sing "Twinkle Twinkle", and around the same time, Ty started talking about wishing on stars!! He says that came from watching Mickey Mouse. So I started singing "Thy Word". Here's the words...
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
When I am afraid, think I've lost my way, still you're there right beside me.
Nothing will I fear as long as you are near. Please be near me to the end.
They word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
YOU'RE the light unto my path.
To hear Ty & Brett ask for that song every night is awesome. My call in life is to love and support Matt, and to raise my children to be godly men. To do that with my children, I have to be aware of everything. Even singing songs about stars...or about God's Word guiding us in everything. I love singing that song to them. Better yet, I love hearing THEM sing it with me!! What bedtime songs do you sing with your kids?
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
so fun! we memorized that verse this week (well...Sarala did, Jackson just emphasizes words like 5 and lamp and feet and path).
we sing jesus loves me EVERYnight. Even if we sing another song, they have to have Jesus loves me. I have sung it so many nights for about 3.5 years. I think I'll sing thy word tonight. I hadn't even thought of that song in so long. Now it'll be easier for them to remember the verse.
I love this! For the longest time, Ezra's favorite song was "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" (which I have to admit was very gratifying for me!). In Christmas 07 they picked up Jingle Bells, and sang it all year long. I thought, "Isn't there something better we could sing?" So this year I was more intentional in our choice of Christmas songs; and now they're both walking around singing "Joy to the World" all the time. Hearing my babies rejoice that the Lord is come is the sweetest sound I could ask to hear. :)
Post a Comment