Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Count your Blessings

You know the song..."Count your blessings name them one by one. Count your blessings see what God has done..." To be honest, that song kind of gets on my nerves. I don't know why. It just does. But it happened last week. I picked Ty & Brett up from pre-school and asked Ty what he did that day. I knew they were talking about turkeys, so when he said he didn't remember (which means, "MOM, I don't want to talk about it now!!"), I asked him if they talked about turkeys. When he said yes, I began telling him about Thanksgiving, and that this is a special time that we get to tell God "Thank You" for all He does. So I gave him an example..."Thank you God for Ty & Brett". He took a turn..."Thank you God for mommy & daddy." On and on and on we went, all the way home. For 15 minutes we didn't stop listing "thank yous" to God. I thought for sure we would be running out of things soon, but we kept going. We didn't repeat anything, and nothing silly was listed. We realized how MUCH we have to be thankful TO GOD for. We counted our blessings, named them one by one, and saw what God has done!! Have you counted today?

2 comments:

Bran said...

that's so sweet. Sarala often has silly things on the list , but still mostly normal things.

I thought you were going to say that Ty busted out singing Count Your Blessings

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Kearsie. You stalked me and commented and now I'm stalking you! Nice to finally meet you, I've heard Jenn talk about you a bunch of times while she was in seminary. She's awesome, I really miss her.

So, your blog. Funny, isn't it? That just when you begin to complain about life and money and junk that you come across something that makes you feel like spiritual razor blades are slicing you up? Funny, God. Really funny.

Anyways, nice to meet you and I'm anxious to read more posts!