Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Have Two Husbands!

I love my husband so much.  I don't think there is another man on this earth who could satisfy me and love me like Matt does, and I know there's not another man that I could love more.  (Don't get sick yet)!  After making so many bad choices when I was younger, I couldn't believe, and still sometimes can't believe that God has given me such a godly man as my husband.  He serves me and loves me, protects me, and honors me.  But there is One, not on this earth who serves me, loves me, protects me, and honors me more than anyone else, and way more than Matt does.  He is Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 54:5 says, "For your Maker is your husband-the Lord Almighty is his name-the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;  he is called the God of all the earth."
Can you believe it?  Such an amazing, awesome God, my creator loves me intimately.  He knows all about me, AND still loves me.  The same is true for you. 
I feel so insecure so much of the time.  Sometimes I'm fearful, I feel stupid, I feel like I don't measure up, I feel like a failure as a mother and wife, a failure as a pastor's wife, choir director...the list goes on.  But Jesus Christ has chosen me as His precious one, and He loves me like no other.  I am His and He is mine, and nothing I do can change that.  I truly love my Maker, my Husband, my Lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

ArchAngelApplianceRepair said...

Jaime,
I really enjoyed this post! When my husband left me five years ago I thought I had lost the world... till I learned whom my true husband was. Now that God has given me a new husband like yours whom is respectful, kind, hard working and loves the Lord, sometimes it is hard to not miss that time when it was just me and God. God bless you and thanks for writing your heart,
kimberly webber young