While we were in Florida, I found this puppy on Craig's List, fell in love, and drove an hour to Miami to get her. She rode the 12 hour trip home with us as peaceful as she could be. She slept most of the way. She likes to sleep on our shoulder when we're sitting in the chair or the couch. She's so cuddly. She is a rat terrier/poodle mix. She doesn't shed. She's just about perfect to me. Matt has even fallen in love with her (a lot), and actually I think Piper loves Matt more than she loves me!! I haven't been able to "train" her completely to pee pee/poopy outside yet. She's getting better. But I did train her to "Come". It took really one day, but I did the training for 2 days, for about 15 minutes each day. I got brown sugar ham (left over that we didn't eat), and went from room to room and outside, saying, "Piper, come!" And it worked immediately. Then I started not giving her the ham everytime...just a pat and a lot of love. I alternated ham and love (is there a difference)?? So now she is trained to come. Is there anything I can use to potty train Brett, or to train HIM to come when I call him???

No comments:
Post a Comment