This morning at 6:30 our power went out. FYI...we have a well, and when power goes out, we have no water either! At first they said it should be back on by 9am. That was fine (since I didn't wake up until 8:15). Then word was it was going to be 10:15. I can manage that. 10:15 rolls around and my friend calls to say word is now that it will be 12:45. Now this is getting serious. Nothing is working. No water, no lights, no TV, no Facebook, no washing clothes or dishes, no baths...nothing is working....
But I'll tell you what was working!
Family time was working. With no distractions like TV, internet, cleaning...we had family time. Boys played outside and I sat and watched them for a while, talking and laughing with them about things they would do or bugs they would find.
My neighbor's power/water was working...so I went there to shower.
My bowels were working (4 times...and no flushes).
Ty's bowels were working (shew wee...what can come out of a small kid)!
My broom was working (behind couches...reaching the dustballs as big as a baseball)!
God time was working...I was still and quiet for at least a few minutes talking and listening closely.
So I really liked this morning when nothing and everything was working. I need to often pretend that nothing is working, so that more important things will work.

1 comment:
That was so awesome!! You have such a way with words!
Post a Comment