There are some days when I wish I could just call someone and ask them to speak scripture to me b/c I need encouragement. I know I have bibles all around my house, but it's something else to be able to call a friend, them not question things, and be able to encourage me through spoken scripture.
I have a friend whose been my friend since high school who COULD BE (haha) that person if she didn't live in INDIA!! I miss her. There have been times that we were right on spiritually with one another, and other times that she would stray and I would pray and lift her up, and other times I would stray and she would pray and lift me up. Everything is from a heavenly perspective with her, and that was so good to be around.
Although she is in India, there's a way she can still speak (but not with her mouth) scripture to me. When we were separated by colleges, 14ish years ago, she gave me an index card box and decorated it all pretty. Each week for a year she sent me 7 index cards with a scripture on it that was for a different topic. I was SO encouraged and excited to get those each week. I've still got the box. I know it's written scripture...the same as the bible...but it's different b/c it's coming from her to encourage my heart. And I need that today.
Thank you, Brandy, for loving the Lord and for loving me, and for your constant godly encouragement.
Neither height not depth...nothing in all creation (even you being in India) can separate us from the love of God.

1 comment:
You are so so sweet! I can't believe you have that box!
And....we have a NC phone number! We just don't have good internet right now to have it. So, later, you'll just have to call me up...and me call you!!!
love you so much, friend!
Post a Comment