Since I put Ty in public school for three days and pulled him right back out, homeschool has been awesome.
More awesome than ever.
Really awesome.
Yes, there's been bad MOMENTS, but not bad DAYS.
That's the difference.
I think it took Ty seeing other kids HAVING to read and do work to make him be more willing...and it took him leaving to make me determined to be more focused, willing to work harder, and digging down deep to get our schedule right. It was good for both of us, but hard on both of us. Ty still talks about some bad things that happened there...and those days were BEYOND HORRIBLE for me. I was quiet, didn't talk, I cried, I felt depressed and overwhelmed. But it's something I can be thankful for b/c it gave me focus.
So here we are learning about insects (and yes, this is MY drawing...not a child's, haha)!
I don't teach art, thank goodness!
And the other pictures are us learning about America's Freedoms. They love to draw and cut, so this was fun for them. We'll be moving on to the states soon. My mom has ordered "Which Way USA" from Highlights for Kids for us so I'll be using that along with other things to learn about each state. I'm excited.
I hated history/geography...ok, instead of listing the things I hated, I will just say I liked English.
There.
So I'll be learning new things along the way...yes, 1st grade stuff!
It's fun!
Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment