I changed my title from Williamson4 for 2 reasons.
1) It was a boring title.
2) Because "Don't Make Me Count To Three" is a book I just read. I'm going to read it again and go through it and highlight all the scriptures and main points I loved. If you're a mom (or dad), you REALLY should read this book. My friend, Brandy told me about it. I bought it on Amazon the next day for less than $1.00 I think. It's like the author, Ginger Plowman (I think that's how you spell her last name)...it's like she took all the parenting verses from the Bible and put them into this book. One of the main things is you put off your old self and put on your new self. When you correct your kids, it's good to tell them the wrong and to put that off, BUT then replace it with a godly characteristic (put on the new). It's awesome. Counting to 3 is the story of my life. I always said I'd never do that...but recently I did start that. It's craziness. Obey the first time. That's the goal. Sound crazy? Read this book...and read the Bible. We're training them to obey God. I shouldn't get mad and punish them b/c they have inconvenienced me or disobeyed me...punish them b/c they have dishonored and disobeyed God. Anyway...try to get that book. If you can't, I'll lend you mine and you can mail it back if you're far away...or whatever. It's awesome.
2) Because "Don't Make Me Count To Three" is a book I just read. I'm going to read it again and go through it and highlight all the scriptures and main points I loved. If you're a mom (or dad), you REALLY should read this book. My friend, Brandy told me about it. I bought it on Amazon the next day for less than $1.00 I think. It's like the author, Ginger Plowman (I think that's how you spell her last name)...it's like she took all the parenting verses from the Bible and put them into this book. One of the main things is you put off your old self and put on your new self. When you correct your kids, it's good to tell them the wrong and to put that off, BUT then replace it with a godly characteristic (put on the new). It's awesome. Counting to 3 is the story of my life. I always said I'd never do that...but recently I did start that. It's craziness. Obey the first time. That's the goal. Sound crazy? Read this book...and read the Bible. We're training them to obey God. I shouldn't get mad and punish them b/c they have inconvenienced me or disobeyed me...punish them b/c they have dishonored and disobeyed God. Anyway...try to get that book. If you can't, I'll lend you mine and you can mail it back if you're far away...or whatever. It's awesome.

1 comment:
Yay!!! Glad you like the book. Did you get the Wise Words for Mom chart too? It's crazy all the instinctive things we do and say that we must change to be Biblical. The other day I said, "I better not see you...." It's not about me seeing it, but them obeying because God always sees and they are to obey authority "unto Him" and "in the Lord." I couldn't believe it just flowed right out of my mouth.
Post a Comment